Association Ma'ona for Human Rights and Immigration
It's a local and civil rights association and non-governmental, independent and neutrality (belongs originally to Yemen and has international range.) It does not run for carrying out profit and it's registered in Yemeni ministry of social and labor affairs. Number (50/150) dated 17/6/2007 .It's an intellectually legally framework (international range)
It's aimed for supporting and protecting human rights in Yemen and Arab society and in the world .It depends on international legitimacy and global standards for human rights issued by United Nation and national legislator and association specialized on protecting the rights and public freedoms for all people and justice regulation and respects the law, supporting the activities of permanent development in different aspects.
The aims of the association:
- Contribution for supporting and respecting Human Rights and democracy and struggle corruption.
- Helping to observe and supporting development straightness, permanent development and the wise rule
- Contribution for supporting the childhood and youth rights and enabling the woman help in compacting violence forms which still continuous against women and realization of the equity between man and woman.
- Coordinating the activities to find partnership with the government to introduce the consultation about developing the legislation and national system which related to straightness and development and human rights
- Contribution for strengthening the civil society and extension its activities in the countryside.
- Introducing the legal assistance and legal relief for the victim of profanation of human rights and protecting immigrants rights (immigrants – arriving) and the refugees and also the minorities and weak and smashed class in the society
-Contribution for funding the equal civil society, respect human rights without any discrimination which depends on the religion and faith or nationalism or originally or tribes or language or age or body handicapping.
- Contribution for funding governmental and social consciousness for creating an equal society chances for the minorities and smashed wreaked class.
-Observing, watching, and supporting progress of development of democracy and encouraging it by the possible ways
The means and mechanisms of implementation:
• To provide studies and research , strategic planning and setting up conferences , symposia and seminars .
• Field investigation and providing reports , dissemination and discuss with concerned bodies and partnership with civil society to achieve the purpose of it.
• Organizing various media activities to promote human rights.
• establish activities concerned with training and rehabilitation for those working in areas related to Association goals and provide plans and programs of scientific and practical as projects workable and realistic in partnership with government and civil society.
• Coordination with civil society organizations locally , regionally and internationally through the exchange of visits and transfer of expertise and experience and evaluate the development of human cadres .
• Documentation and archiving , monitoring and dissemination of information on civil society and its activities using various media and the creation of specialized libraries of human rights.
• The use of visual media through the work of awareness programs and guiding flashes and stories aimed to raise awareness of human rights.
• establish a legal aid center to support women issues and children, and defense for free the abuses faced by this category.