Number of people taking this action: 250 or more
- Stimulating funding mechanisms for strengthening public health systems in SIDS is a key aspect
- Growing political momentum and empower civil society to provide context-based solutions through multi-stakeholder approaches
- Update and strengthen the Barbados Programme of Action on current global threats, such as Antimicrobial Resistance, Tuberculosis, new NCD combatting strategies aiming towards prevention and early detection strategies and stimulating cross-country collaboration for effective supply chains for vaccination and medical supplies in remote areas while sustaining the best regulatory, manufacturing, storing and distribution practices available to protect public health
- Sensitize about the One Health Initiative by WHO and the CDC, where "collaborative, multisectoral, and transdisciplinary approach — working at the local, regional, national, and global levels — with the goal of achieving optimal health outcomes recognizing the interconnection between people, animals, plants, and their shared environment." where the results of climate change and ocean health impact SIDS.
- Strengthen accountability and monitoring mechanisms to ensure progress, as well as steering committees including local civil society organizations